Lester W. Bryant is a native of San Antonio, Texas. Lester left SA in the late 70's to begin his career with the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Washington, DC. After several years with the FBI, he took his skills to the corporate world where he had a 20-year career with AT&T. Lester then successfully transitioned into the booming field of IT as a technical project support manager with Hewlett Packard in Atlanta, managing projects and teams around the world. His project management and technical skills ultimately led him back home to an opportunity in San Antonio.
Due to lack of financial independence and literacy, Lester experienced challenges that effected not only him, but his family as well. He realized that there are many others that need financial education. Thus, he embarked on this journey in 2016 to educate others. Because of personal experience, he understands the importance for individuals and business owners to have a plan so that their families are not negatively impacted. Lester has a servant’s heart. This profession with Opes One Advisors is a perfect match to serve people.
IN THE COMMUNITY
Lester is a dedicated community volunteer with a passion for transportation, education and community revitalization. He has served on the:
- National Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the American Public Transportation Association
- Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees of VIA Metropolitan Transit
- Board of Directors of the Alamo City Black Chamber of Commerce, Family Services Association, and Alpha Home
- City of San Antonio Goal Setting Committee
- President of the Sam Houston High School Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
- Board member of the SAISD Council of PTSAs
- Membership in the inaugural class of Leadership SAISD
- Advisory Committee of the Eastside Promise Neighborhood
- Chair of the San Antonio District 2 Accountability Task Force Education Subcommittee
- Chair of the SA2020 Commission on Education.
- Board of the Eastern Triangle Association
- Member of the grass roots committee that led the successful drive for a new library on the Eastside of San Antonio, the first in over 40 years.
Financial Representative of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian), New York, NY.